Sari Face Masks
Regular price £5.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Single face covering, colour and design will vary
It's a washable, re-usable face covering made of recycled sari material, designed for non-medical use. The PeoplesMask is based on the HK Mask design, a joint venture between Dr K Kwong and local filtration and engineering companies in Hong Kong. It allows a disposable filter or tissue to fit inside a pocket of a re-usable face covering; recent laboratory tests have shown this increases the efficiency of the face covering to between 83% and 91%, depending on the thickness of the tissue inserted.
This initiative also aims to provide work for some of the thousands of artisans in Asia who have lost their jobs because of the lockdowns in their countries. It is a small step made by the global Fair Trade community in the fight against Covid-19. We are buying the PeoplesMask from a WFTO member in Sri Lanka. The production process follows guaranteed Fair Trade standards and the factory has been cleared by the local authorities for compliance under Covid-19 preventative measures.
Please note this is a non-returnable item unless faulty.
- Two layers of fabric (recycled and disinfected saris)
- Layers lined with polyester blended fusing
- Pocket where layer(s) of tissue (paper or Kleenex type) are placed
- Wire across the top to form the user's nose and face
- Industrial grade elastic around the ears holds the face-covering in place
- Available in medium and large - we have found that the medium is generally a good size for women and the large size is right for most men.
- Heavy metal free
- Vegan, PETA approved
- A WFTO Guaranteed Fair Trade product