Red Jasper Dragon Holding Crystal Ball - Feng Shui
The feng shui dragon is a powerful and auspicious traditional feng shui cure and a symbol of strong yang/male energy. Dragons are very easy to use around the home or office and can bring support and nourishment to most rooms, but there are a few areas and placements to avoid.
Chinese dragons do not have wings but can float or undulate through the air. Some dragon figures are depicted with a pearl or crystal in their claws, symbolizing wealth, power, and opportunity. Used properly and respectfully, a feng shui dragon can help activate any of these energies in your home or office.
There are several ways to determine the best feng shui location and positioning of dragons in your home. One method is to make your choice based on your feng shui lucky directions, placing the dragon so that it faces one of your lucky directions. Another option is to choose the location of the feng shui wealth star for the current year.
As a general rule, always place a dragon in an open space with good Chi flow. Dragons must have freedom and room to fly and move about. Also, be sure your feng shui dragon faces toward the room (to bring in the energy of wealth and prosperity) and not looking out through a window or door. More specifically, you might choose certain locations for cures and energies you would like to nourish there:
- Bedroom: You can place a dragon in a bedroom or your love and relationships feng shui area if you pair it up with the feng shui symbol of the Phoenix; the dragon and phoenix pairing is the ultimate symbol of marital bliss. Placing a dragon alone in a bedroom creates too much yang energy and can disturb sleep.
- Office: Place a dragon on the wall behind your desk or desk chair, where the dragon provides support for you in your work. Placing a dragon in front of your desk creates an opposition between you and the dragon.
- Kitchen: Dragons facing the sink—the source of water—strengthen water's benefits of wealth, prosperity, and opportunity. Placing dragons near fountains or other water sources (other than in the bathroom) has a similar effect.
- East Bagua area: East is the home of the dragon and is the home of the wood element, making this a good location for a wooden dragon figure.
- Southwest or northeast Bagua areas: These areas are home to the Earth element and are particularly suitable for stone, crystal, or ceramic dragons that strengthen Earth.
- Do not place a feng shui dragon in lower-energy areas, such as the bathroom, closets, or the garage.
- Avoid having too many dragons in your home. The maximum recommended number of dragons in the entire home is five. Interestingly, placing three dragons in the same area can encourage the trio to interact mischievously or unproductively, so try to avoid grouping them in threes.
- Don't place dragons higher than eye level.
- Do not have your feng shui dragon face a wall or place the dragon in a cramped or restricted corner of your room.
- Avoid having the pearl/crystal in the dragon's claw facing toward a window or door.
- Do not place dragon images on the floor, even if the dragon is part of a carpet. Dragons should not be walked on.
- Size: 5cm x 3cm x 1.5cm
- This is a one-off and you will actually receive this piece.